Tunbridge Wells 1 Croydon 0

Croydon missed the chance to go top after an own goal from Jamie McGeoghegan after 35 minutes. Matt O'Donoghue failed a late fitness test before the game and Bradley Wilson played in his place instead. Croydon also brought in two new signings, Stefan Joseph, signed from Banstead Athletic, and David Owusu, who previously had played at Rochdale. On the pitch, Tunbridge Wells threatened, after only 12 minutes following a short pass from his left, Wells' Jack Harris short tap in was saved by Alex Hewitt. Then, Jeff Duah-Kessie's first attempt to score was in vain after his lack of pace meant he was unable to reach the ball, and goalkeeper Chris Oladogba got there first. A Fiden Fejzi pass went to captain Marcus Campbell, who nearly scored, but again, Oladogba cleared the ball. Oladogba denied Croydon again when Joseph's header was caught. Then on 35 minutes, Croydon conceded a corner, and in trying to stop an opponent, the ball came off McGeoghegan into the net. Rio Davidson was close to equalising when his shot went over the bar six minutes later. As for the second half, Stephane Bombelenga also had a chance that ended wide of the far post.

Tunbridge Wells got a free kick, and Jon Pilbeam's free kick was saved by Hewitt. Then Wells got a corner, which was headed out by Campbell, who saw a ball go past him and the near post. At the other end, a corner was cleared by a Wells defender, and later an Adan Brown passed to Joseph, and his shot came off Oladogba. Another shot, this time from Duah-Kessie, came off Oladogba, and a couple of chances from Wilson and Duah-Kessie went over the bar. Croydon tried their best, but just couldn't get on target, with the last three chances hitting the side netting, ending behind the goal after a corner, and finishing very wide of the post.

Croydon: Hewitt, Wilson, Davidson-Phipps, Armstrong (Brown 60), McGeoghegan, Campbell (C), Fejzi, Weller (McAllister 51), Duah-Kessie, Joseph, Bombelenga (Owusu 69)

Subs (not used): O'Donoghue, Mete-Lobonzo