Crockenhill 0 Croydon 4 (Kent Senior Trophy)

Surrey club Croydon FC are through to the next round of the Kent Senior Trophy after beating Crockenhill 4-0 at their ground. Defender Rio Davidson-Philps was out injured and Andy Mott returned to playing his first game after coming back from injury.

Crockenhill made a good start, and James Fotheringham had to clear a ball for a throw in. Then their striker Ollie Freeman was denied a chance thanks to captain Nathan Campbell heading the ball out. Jeff Duah-Kessie's first chance saw him going through the middle before the ball went straight to keeper Joe Bailey. Another attempt afterwards saw Duah-Kessie taken down as he tried to get ahead of the opposing defender.

Andy Mott's return was marked by a challenge from an opponent which led to a free kick to Crockenhill. Then came a couple of Croydon corners, the first was short, and the second corner was long this time. Mott was in the right place at the far post as he put the ball in the net. Then came three chances in short succession for Croydon, all starting with free kicks and all finishing wide of far post. A fourth, coming from a corner, was saved by Bailey.

After a challenge on Callum McAllister, Croydon were given a free kick, which McCallister side footed to Campbell whose shot went wide of the near post. Crockenhill then got a free kick which was saved by Alex Hewitt. Then came a run down the right win from Duah-Kessie, but his shot hit the side netting. Crockenhill then had a chance when a cross from Freeman was caught by Hewitt.

Another chance came when Mott passed to Matt O'Donoghue whose shot was cleared by an opponent. Croydon made it 2-0 when a ball was played to Duah-Kessie. He was actually taken down, but while down he stretched his leg to the ball and it went past the keeper. In contrast, Duah-Kessie's next chance landed very wide of the post.

Aiden Brown scored after 50 minutes, then there was concern when there was a clash of heads between Duah-Kessie and Ryan Gallifaint. Although both players returned to the pitch, Gallifaint was substituted later. To show there was no damage done, soon afterwards Duah-Kessie made it 3-0. Crockenhill responded with a chance coming from a corner, which went straight to Hewitt. Another attempt to get a hat trick came from Duah-Kessie following some good passing but his shot went wide of the far post.

At the end, David Owusu missed a chance at close range. Following a cross from Fidan Fejzi, Owusu ducked his head and missed the ball! Crockenhill ended the game hitting the side netting and Croydon went through to the next round.

Team: Hewitt O'Donoghue Fotheringham (Wilson 39) McCallister Mete-Lobonza Campbell (C) Brown (Owusu 63) Mott Duah-Kessie, Dan Hogan (Fejzi 58), Shango

Subs (not used): McGeoghegan, Joseph

Subs:McGeoghegan Owusu Fejzi Wilson Joseph