Chatham Town 3 Croydon 2

Croydon were knocked out of the Kent Reliance Senior Trophy at Chatham Town on Saturday. Chatham had the majority of chances, but fortunately for Croydon, most of those were not on target, meaning the first half ended goalless. Goalkeeper Alex Hewitt made a couple of saves in the first half, early on he caught a cross from a Chatham forward, and with almost half an hour gone, he tipped the ball over the bar. Just like Chatham, Croydon's chances were off target. The Trams took a quarter of an hour for the first one from Bryon Akongo, whose shot went wide of the far post. He was booked a couple of minutes later for taking down Kyron Lightfoot. Chatham got a free kick, but the subsequent goal was disallowed for off side. Stefan Joseph had a couple of chances go wide, and Chatham were close to scoring just before half time when Hewitt was away from the goalmouth and luckily the ball didn't go in the back of the net.

Chatham scored their first goal on 51 minutes courtesy of Laurence Collins. Croydon made it hard for the Chats to get past the defence at first, after a free kick, they had four attempts before Collins got the ball past Hewitt. The second goal came eight minutes later following a corner, Taylor McDonough's header went past Hewitt. The third came after 67 minutes from Billy Brown, the defence blocking one shot but unable to stop Brown's. Lauris Chin came on as substitute in the second half, and his first chance was blocked by a defender. Croydon made a comeback by now, Chin passed to Matt O'Donoghue, who put the ball past goalkeeper Ryan Nicholls on 78 minutes. Croydon did get a free kick when Chin was taken down which was saved by Nicholls. However it was too little too late for Croydon. Some consolation came when O'Donoghue scored his second goal a minute into stoppage time.

Team: Hewitt, O'Donoghue, Ojo, Akongo, Mete-Lobonza, Campbell (C), Fejzi (Blake 72), Hogan (Owusu 59), Joseph, Mott, Shango (Chin 53)

Subs (not used): Fotherinham, Hudson

Yellow cards: Akongo 17 mins, Mete-Lobonza 42 mins