Despite the absence of regular keeper Tiwa Fujamade and the Faversham side being a dominant force in the first half with an early break through, Croydon were able to continue their unbeaten league streak.


Croydon conceded an early free kick, and after only five minutes, Tom Barton put one past former youth goalkeeper Aaron Bogle. Twenty one minutes elapsed before Croydon managed a shot on target, and after a throw in, Henry’s shot went straight into Henry Earls’ hands. Then Eldi Baze’s cross went to Andy Walker, his chance was cleared by an opponent, before David Green’s shot went over the crossbar. While Earls was out of his area, Baze took a gamble only for his shot to end wide of the near post.


The Trams conceded a free kick, with Bogle running to the far post, then stretched out to make a save. With five minutes to go before half time, a pass from Baze led to a couple of chances which were both kicked out by Earls, whilst a third attempt from Green was off target. Walker also had a chance, trying to lob the ball over Earls only for the keeper to make a clearance. Croydon were denied a penalty when a player was taken down, the referee deciding to play on, but afterwards Walker was booked for taking down an opponent.


The second half started with a Croydon corner which was saved. A free kick from Sammy Morgan was punched out, but Earls was injured in the process, but he carried on. Cameron Beckles channelled the ball down the pitch, which was met by a Faversham player, and the deflection was tipped forward by Earls to safety.


Persistence paid off, however, and Croydon equalised on 71 minutes. A throw in from captain Ollie Beauchamp was aimed towards Jordan Anderson in the box, but was headed out by Lee Sayer, before reaching Green who put the ball past Earls. There were a few more chances, a header from Uli Fischer landed past the far post. Then a Morgan free kick was cleared by an opponent, then Green passed to Fischer whose header was offside. Croydon got a corner, and Kieran Rufus’ header went over the crossbar. The Force were also denied a winner before the end when a cross from the left went to their forward and Bogle went down to make a save.


This weekend, April 1st, Croydon are away to Staplehurst Monarchs United, KO 3pm.


Croydon: Bogle, Beckles, Morgan, Beauchamp (C), Anderson, Rufus, Baze (Wealthyland 70), Swann, Walker (Mundle 60), Springer (Fischer 54), Green

Subs: all used


Match Report: Suniel Bhardwaj

Pictures: Paul Davis