Following 8 Updates from the Management Board as we battled to survive lockdown, this is the big one - Football is coming back !!
The announcement by the FA last Saturday about the phased re-introduction of football has been a great boost to everyone at the Club and no doubt yourselves.
Prior to this all teams had commenced pre-season socially distanced training sessions with appropriate risk assessments in place. Pre-season friendlies have been announced although we understand they will be behind closed doors.
- At the time of sending this update we are awaiting details from the Council/GLL on their thoughts on when the Arena will re-open and works can start on pitch preparation. SCEFL are aware of the situation and are working with us on this. We will keep you updated.
In order to get ready for a possible 1 September start in the FA Cup we really need your help on the following:
- assistance on getting the clubhouse ready and Covid-19 compliant - this on the back of 2 break-ins - the latest on the 15 July.
- we are organising 2 Clean-up weekends (both Covid compliant) on Sat 8 and Sun 9 August followed by Sat 15 and Sun 16 August - if you are able to come along even for just a few hours please let me know by replying to this email email@example.com. The jobs to be done include weeding, planting, painting and cleaning as well as some carpentry and general DIY. We will also be celebrating our award by Surrey FA to "Fix up our clubhouse". We do need to know numbers so we can ensure social distancing so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can come along.
- we will be announcing the new season ticket scheme for the coming season and this will be a fantastic way of supporting the Club even if you cannot get along to each game. We have held prices as the same as last season - £88 for all home League games for those under 65 and for those 65 + the price is £60. If you are interested please reply to this email email@example.com.
- you may have seen the announcement this week that Tony and Liam Blencowe have accepted invitations to join the Management Board. The Board look forward to working with them more closely now they are Directors as we seek to continue bringing stability and sustainability to the Club. Welcome Tony and Liam.
- Liam Blencowe is organising a Covid compliant First team Presentation Evening to celebrate the 2019/20 season for Sunday 9 August 2020. Unfortunately the timing is such that the clubhouse will not be ready to host the event and this will be held instead at Apatura restaurant in South Croydon. Numbers will be limited due to Covid guidelines but please contact Liam for more information.
- as previously advised we will be looking to hold our AGM as soon as is practicable as with your help we get the clubhouse Covid compliant on the two clean up weekends.
- we urgently need someone to step up and take on our Golden Goal fundraiser that our own Gordon Bland has managed for so long. Gordon has decided, after years of raising much needed funds for the club, to pass the Golden Goal over to someone else. Golden Goal is a much needed source of income for the Club which we do not want to lose. Again anyone interested or who knows anyone who may be interested please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or Liam Blencowe on email@example.com.
- We are delighted that local business Barber Jack in Portland Road has agreed to be one of our sponsors this season, we look forward to seeing them at the Arena soo. Why not pop in for a haircut before the game!!
- finally the clubhouse has been closed since March and is unlikely to fully reopen until September/October after some 7 months and, as a result, income to the Club from event hire or match day revenue has been zero. We are urgently seeking sponsorship from businesses or people or donations or for people to buy a season ticket to help the Club survive. So much work has been done over the recent seasons to stabilise the Club but we really do need help and financial contributions to keep going. Any donation no matter how small will be gratefully received. If you want to discuss how you can help financially again please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or Liam Blencowe on email@example.com.
Thank you all for your support over lockdown but we really do need your help as the new season approaches.
Come on you Trams!
Croydon FC Management Board